This service may include the following:
- Transfer from place of death to funeral home
- Preliminary Preparation and Dressing of the deceased
- Professional support and administrative staff assistance
- Casket (as selected)
- Casket or urn present for service in the funeral home chapel or at a church
- Funeral Coach
- Family Limousine
- Administration vehicle
- Documentation including government forms, clergy information, cemetery or crematorium information, funeral directors proof of death certificates
- Register book and acknowledgement stationary
- The traditional funeral service allows the survivors to express and satisfy their own emotional and psychological needs. While the funeral is about the person who has died, it is for the survivors. The funeral service helps family members and friends face the reality of the death. This is the first step toward overcoming grief.
There are many ways to personalize a funeral service such as playing the person’s favourite music, professional DVD video tribute which is also placed on our website or bringing personal memorabilia for the visitation. Memory boards of pictures, floral arrangements, or a relative or friend contributing to the eulogy, a favourite scripture read by clergy, and fraternal services are just a few suggestions.
Contrary to what most people believe, cremation does not limit one’s choices. Cremation allows the family to still have a funeral service with the casket present. A family may decide to have a memorial service which may or may not include having the urn present. Once the cremation has taken place there are many options for the family to consider with regards to the cremated remains. These options may include interring the cremated remains in a family plot, placed in a cemetery columbarium, or scattering in accordance with provincial and local laws. Some cemeteries now have a specific place within the cemetery to scatter the cremated remains. Another option is to keep the cremated remains at home. For those that wish, we offer a variety of keepsake urns and jewellery as well.
Non-Traditional Burial, Entombment or Cremation without visitation. For this type of funeral service, you select the services and merchandise from several itemized options.
A Memorial Service is the same as a traditional service, except the body is not present for the funeral. Usually an urn with the cremated remains inside becomes the focal point of this type of service.
Graveside Service is designed for those who want a ground burial or interment of cremated remains with a public or private service only at the cemetery. Itemized options may be selected at the family’s discretion.
Direct Burial / Cremation is a service provided by our staff for those who want only immediate burial or cremation, without visitation or formal services. This service is provided at the convenience of the funeral home and cemetery/ crematorium. Itemized options are available.
Ship-in Services are for those who wish the remains transferred from another location to Bolton or Orangeville for final services . Itemized options are available.
Traditional Ship-out allows you to select traditional services and merchandise for local arrangements and then the remains are shipped out of town for final services. We can arrange to ship a deceased anywhere in the world.
Family Viewing with Shipment is designed for those who want a private family viewing, but no other visitation prior to shipment of the casketed remains. Itemized options are also available to the family.
Direct Shipment is when there is to be no local visitation or funeral service and the remains are to be shipped directly by the most appropriate means of transportation to a funeral home out of town.