As we all deal with this trying time, Egan Funeral Home understands our families still need assistance when a death occurs. The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priorities. At this time, Egan Funeral Home will operate normally and welcome the public for services if the family chooses to do so with necessary precautions set by our governing authority, the Bereavement Authority of Ontario and the numerous organizations outlined below. Please be assured our team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Federal and Provincial health authorities, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
At this point there has been no direction that funeral services or celebrations of life should be cancelled; however, there are requirements that have been stipulated by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario which governs our profession.
- All funeral and/or cremation arrangements can be made online through email and telephone without coming into our facility.
- You have probably heard there cannot be any more than 50 people attending a funeral service; however, that has been restricted to the maximum number that can be accommodated for people to maintain a distance of two metres (six feet) apart at all times. Our chapel can hold 225 people when our world was without COVID-19. We will now limit that number to a maximum of 15 people with this new restriction.
- Families do have the option of having a private funeral or graveside service for immediate family only and have a celebration of life at a later date. Extended friends should share an online condolence on our website and not attend the funeral service.
- No physical contact with the family is allowed and is now known as social distancing. Friends may come and pay their respects to the deceased during visitation hours and acknowledge the family through eye contact as Egan Funeral Home will be providing a safe distance between family and friends. There will not be any additional seating in our rooms for visitors. Visitors will be limited to six visitors in the visitation room at one time, keeping the stipulated distance of two metres (six feet) apart.
- Our coffee lounge is closed; therefore, there will not be any food or beverages offered or consumed by guests during gatherings in the funeral home.
- We will not be offering receptions following a funeral service and there will not be any memorial receptions during this time.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas continually through out the day when we have a funeral service or visitation.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team practices this act continually through-out our day.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances.
We highly recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus.
Paul Egan and Elaine Egan