As we all deal with this trying time, Egan Funeral Home understands our families still need assistance when a death occurs. The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priorities. At this time, Egan Funeral Home will operate normally and welcome the public for services if the family chooses to do so with necessary precautions set by our governing authority, the Bereavement Authority of Ontario and the numerous organizations outlined below. Please be assured our team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Federal and Provincial health authorities, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
At this point there has been no direction that funeral services or celebrations of life should be cancelled; however, there are requirements that have been stipulated by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario which governs our profession.
- Our focus is to protect the families we serve, their friends and the well-being of our team. We will ensure all of the families we serve will receive respectful and dignified care.
- Masks are mandatory when you enter our home.
- All funeral and/or cremation arrangements can be made online through email and telephone without coming into our facility; however, more families are feeling more comfortable to come and meet us in the funeral home. We will accommodate the wishes and comfort level of the families we serve.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of people able to attend visitations/funeral services.
- Family and friends are always welcomed to share an online condolence on our website if they are uncomfortable attending a visitation and/or a funeral service.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas continually through out the day when we have a member of the public enter our home, or a funeral service or visitation.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team practices this act continually through-out our day.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances.
Please call us to make an appointment or discuss questions over the telephone or send us an e-mail. We are here to help you.
We highly recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus.
Paul Egan and Elaine Egan