As we all deal with this trying time, Egan Funeral Home understands our families still need assistance when a death occurs. The health and safety of our guests and employees are our top priorities. At this time, Egan Funeral Home will operate normally and welcome the public for services if the family chooses to do so with necessary precautions set by our governing authority, the Bereavement Authority of Ontario and the numerous organizations outlined below. Please be assured our team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Federal and Provincial health authorities, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
At this point there has been no direction that funeral services or celebrations of life should be cancelled; however, there are requirements that have been stipulated by the Bereavement Authority of Ontario which governs our profession.
- Our focus is to protect the families we serve, their friends and the well-being of our team. We will ensure all of the families we serve will receive respectful and dignified care.
- Masks are mandatory when you enter our home.
- All funeral and/or cremation arrangements can be made online through email and telephone without coming into our facility.
- The law states there cannot be more than 10 immediate family members attending a funeral service including entombment and graveside services; however, there are exceptions now through the Bereavement Authority of Ontario allowing us to accommodate 30% of our chapel capacity for a visitation and/or a funeral service while respecting social distancing measures.
- Graveside services are allowed to accommodate 50 people and respecting social distancing measures. Masks are mandatory when on cemetery property.
- Family and friends are always welcomed to share an online condolence on our website if they are uncomfortable attending a visitation and/or a funeral service.
- Our coffee lounge is closed; therefore, there will not be any food or beverages offered or consumed by guests during gatherings in the funeral home.
- We will not be offering receptions following a funeral service and there will not be any memorial receptions during this time.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas continually through out the day when we have a member of the public enter our home, or a funeral service or visitation.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. Our team practices this act continually through-out our day.
- Additional hand sanitizer has been placed at entrances.
We highly recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus.
Paul Egan and Elaine Egan